01. What is a certified Arborist?
02. Why hire an Arborist?
03. Do my trees need pruning?
04. What trees should I plant?
05. Why is topping a tree bad?
06. How will drought affect my trees?
07. Do I need to water my tree in the winter?
08. Do my trees need fertilizing?
09. What are humic acids?
10. What are Mychorizae?
Do I need to water my tree in the winter?
Even in years when drought is not a concern – winter watering is crucial, especially with evergreen trees! Well-timed fall and winter watering may allow a tree to survive on less water than a regime of plentiful water applications during the growing season. Tree roots continue to grow throughout the winter and need moisture to survive. Generally, water once per month on a warm day when the ground is not frozen.